Friday, July 18, 2014

Still Waiting....

Hi, friends. I was told by my agency a few weeks ago that the current wait time is averaging 8-12 weeks to get my dossier approved in country. As of today, I am 4 days away from hitting 12 weeks. Ugh. But who's counting? Oh. Right. I am. What does it mean when I get approved? I will officially be registered and waiting for a match. That means I could receive a referral for a child at any point after that. (However, some people wait up to three years to get their referral!)

This is where I humbly ask for your help. Bringing an orphan home is very expensive. I've already paid quite a bit towards my U.S. legal and governmental fees and for some B fees. But at any time I could get that call that there is a child waiting for me! And I'll have to come up with over $7000 to accept and move on in the process. So I'd love to start saving now. I will be doing several small fundraisers over the next year. If you'd like to help, I will be eternally grateful. And if not, your well wishes are still appreciated. :-)

I've had a puzzle designed (see the picture below). For each contribution that is made, I will be writing the donor's name on the back of one piece. When the puzzle is completed, I'll put it in a double-sided frame so my future child can see the names of everyone who helped bring him (or her!) home.



I have a new fundraiser up and running right now selling T-shirts that I created to benefit my adoption. I have two weeks to sell a minimum of 25 shirts. Unfortunately, if I don't reach 25 sales, I don't receive any of the money I've made. If you'd like to help, but don't want to make a purchase, please share on your social media. ------>  T-shirt Adoption Fundraiser  <------ I know it may not seem like much, but every little bit helps me get closer to bringing a child home. Forever.

Thanks friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment