Tuesday, October 8, 2013

5600 Miles to Home!

Welcome! I'm new to this whole blogging thing, so I guess I'll just dive right in.

My name is Kelly. I'm a single mom to a smart, adorable, and funny 6-year-old daughter, my little Monkey. For YEARS I've dreamed of one day adopting a child (specifically from Russia... but now that won't be happening). I've finally decided that there's no time like the present. I'm doing it! Now!

After much research and soul searching, I've decided to adopt a child from Eastern Europe. We have requested a child between the ages of 2 and 4 (at the time of the referral), but have not specified a gender. (My daughter has her heart set on a little brother.)

I will be using this blog as a way to update family and friends (and anyone else!) on our progress. The excitement, the joy, the wait, the heartbreak, the frustration. Everything that comes with the territory of adoption. Oh. And the title? 5600 miles is how the orphanage is from Florida. That's how far my child will have to travel to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment